Are you a fan of breakfast muffins? If so, you’re going to want to try this vegan cranberry muffins recipe. These muffins are free of wheat, egg, dairy and nuts. Making them the perfect breakfast treat for anyone suffering from food allergies. Although I do not suffer from these allergies, my little girl does. In an effort to ensure she does not come into contact with these foods, we have removed all wheat, eggs, dairy and nuts from our home. Hopefully she will grow out of this, but until then we are modifying our diets for our sweet girl.
Read on to learn more about these delicious Vegan Cranberry Muffins.
During this process of modifying my diet to omit wheat, eggs, dairy and nuts, I’ve learned some really interesting things. Did you know that just because something is “gluten free” it may still contain wheat? Before this process I was clueless about what gluten was, and what the phrase “gluten free” actually meant. Gluten is a protein found in wheat. So when something is labeled as such, it merely lacks the gluten protein, not wheat! You have to be very careful when purchasing items labeled gluten free. I’ve become that obnoxious person at the grocery store who reads every ingredient listed on the food labels.
As a food blogger, the thought of transitioning from being able to eat anything to almost nothing was down right terrifying. I’ve been relying heavily on the knowledge of my vegan friends and co-workers. Thus far they have been so very helpfully in provide me with some of their favorite recipes and cookbooks. The hardest part of my journey has been the removal of wheat. Mainly because I love bread. Around day two of no wheat/bread, I realized how crucial it was that I find some recipes that would feed my addiction for breakfast breads and pastries. One of my co-workers shared a few of her favorite vegan cookbooks with me. From her collection, Sweet Vegan, Sweet Potato Soul, and Chloe’s Kitchen have become my new best friends! I thumbed through each of these books and flagged tons of delicious recipes.
I highly suggest you purchase these books if you are just starting out on your vegan journey or looking for simple and delicious vegan recipes.
Vegan Cranberry Muffins
The first recipe I came across was for Vegan Cranberry Muffins. I selected this recipe from Sweet Vegan, because it looked easy and didn’t require a standing mixer. Being fully transparent, I will tell you my first attempt wasn’t the best. I had to make this recipe a few more times to get the texture and consistency of the muffins just right. If you are just starting out, don’t get discouraged. Keep trying and modifying your recipes. Eventually you will learn exactly what you need to do to produce delicious vegan treats.
Below I have outlined the recipe and steps used to create light, fluffy, moist, and flavorful Vegan Cranberry Muffins. This recipe is wheat, dairy, egg and nut free. Making them the perfect recipes for toddlers, teens and adults who suffer from food allergies.
Vegan Cranberry Muffins | TastyBits
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose Gluten-free flour
- ¾ cup cane sugar whisked with 1/4 cup of warm water add more if needed
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons of Organic unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup oat milk
- 3 teaspoons egg replacer whisked with 4 tablespoons warm water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped dried cranberries or blueberries
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 standard-size muffin cavities with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, cane sugar and warm water mixture, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the oil, oat milk, vanilla extract, applesauce, egg replacer and warm water mixture, and mix until well combined. Fold in chopped cranberries. The batter will be nice and moist.
3. Scoop ¼ cup of batter into each muffin liner. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Enjoy with tea or coffee!