Is supporting more black-owned restaurants in Houston one of your 2019 resolutions? Are you looking to increase your foodie footprint by visiting new places around Houston? This list of 25 black-owned restaurants in Houston should help you get started. It’s also a great way to celebrate Black History Month. Although, I have not eaten at all the black-owned restaurants in Houston, I do love sharing those that I adore. The creation of this list led to the realization that there a quite a few black-owned restaurants in Houston. Given the city’s ever-evolving culinary scene, it’s hard to keep up sometimes. The wave of new restaurants each month can over shadow those restaurants lacking big named executive chefs or high dollar tasting menus. This list of 25 black-owned restaurants highlight both Houston staples and newcomers alike. Cooperative economics is essential to the success of the black community, and should not only occur during black history month. Although, this list is a great start!
I plan to keep the list of honorable mentions going. If there is a spot that you don’t see listed, please share with me below in the comments on catch me on social media! Happy Black History Month, make sure to stay glued to my Instagram and instastory for all the fun, food and giveaways this month!
In addition to creating this list, the Black Blogger Clique has created a fun and interactive black bingo card for Instagram. The bingo card highlights a variety of black-owned restaurants and dishes at these restaurants. For those of you who wish to play along, we will also be hosting giveaways for those who get “black” (bingo) throughout the month of February!
Make sure you are following Black Blogger Clique on Instagram and have signed up for the Gristle & Gossip newsletter to keep up with all the delicious details.
BURGERS, FRIES & TURKEY LEGS
- Craft Burger – Located inside of Finn Hall – 712 Main St, Houston, TX 77002
- French Fry House – 221 Ennis St, Houston, TX 77004
- Turkey Leg Hut – 4830 Almeda Rd suite a/b, Houston, TX 77004
- Catfish Station – 18416 Kuykendahl Road. Spring, Texas 77379
COOKIES, CAKES & PIES
- Crumbville – 2316 Elgin St, Houston, TX 77004
- Cupcake Kitchen – 2533 Southmore Blvd, Houston, TX 77004
- SmallCakes Humble – 9739 N Sam Houston Pkwy E #190, Humble, TX 77396
- Sugar Rush – 3929 Old Spanish Trail, Houston, TX 77021
- Not Jus Donuts – 2020 Emancipation Ave, Houston, TX 77003
SOUTHERN INNOVATION & SOUL
- Indigo – 517 Berry Rd Houston, TX 77022
- Kulture – 701 Avenida De Las Americas A, Houston, TX 77010
- Lucille’s – 5512 La Branch St, Houston, TX 77004
- Ray’s BBQ – 3929 Old Spanish Trail, Houston, TX 77021
- Gaitlin’s BBQ – 3510 Ella Blvd, Houston, TX 77018
- Burn’s BBQ – 8307 De Priest St, Houston, TX 77088
VEGAN & VEGETARIAN
- Green Seed Vegan – 4320 Almeda Rd, Houston, TX 77004
- Sunshine’s Vegetarian Deli – 3102 Old Spanish Trail, Houston, TX 77054
- Lindiana’s Southern Vegan Kitchen – 3001 Cleburne St, Houston, TX 77004
- Soul Food Vegan – 2901 Emancipation Ave, Houston, TX 77004
- Eadeaux’s – 2919 Leeland St, Houston, TX 77003
- Thibodeaux Cookers – Pearland Texas
- OMG Baked Potatoes – 13815 S Post Oak Rd, Houston, TX 77045
- NuWaters Co-Op – 2320 Elgin St, Houston, TX 77004
- Blue Nile Ethiopian – 9400 Richmond Ave. Houston, Texas 77063
- Candy Shack Daiquiris – 9282 Richmond Ave. Houston, Tx 77063
- Esther’s Cajun Cafe and Soulfood – 5204 Yale St, Houston, TX 77022
- Cool Running’s – 8270 W Bellfort Ave, Houston, TX 77071
- Reggae Hut – 4814 Almeda Rd, Houston, TX 77004
- THE Breakfast Club – 3711 Travis St, Houston, TX 77002
7 thoughts on “25 Black-Owned restaurants in Houston to support during black History month”
The following Baskin Robbins locations are black-owned:
Rice Village—2431 University Blvd, Houston, 77005
Woodway Square—6401 Woodway Dr, Houston, 77057
Sienna Plantation—8731 HWY 6, Missouri City, 77459
This is fantastic!!!! I will update my post and add this to my instastory.
REMO’S Cafe is black owned
(Bbq and soul food)
Located at 8420 S Sam Houston Pkwy W, Ste 260
Houston, Tx 77085
That’s near my home!!
Hi! Love the list! Love the spots I’ve had and see some to try. Question- which black owned coffee shops are you favorite. I’m having trouble trying to find a list that is specific to coffee shops.
I posted a list to my Instagram. I love Doshi House on Holcombe .
Hello I am part owner of A.D.D. TO TASTE Food with Grace. We are a good truck on the east side if Houston. Come check us out and maybe we can make your list. @add2taste