This gluten-free dark chocolate cinnamon bread with a vegan dark chocolate and cinnamon swirl is possibly the best bread ever! If you’re looking for gluten and dairy-free bread that’s perfect for those following an allergen-friendly diet, look no further. Make this bread chocolate-free by substituting the chocolate for carob.
[ctct form=”13826″ show_title=”false”]
Fall is officially in the air as Houston’s steaming hot summer heat comes to an end. That means it’s time to start whipping out your favorite fall recipes. This gluten-free dark chocolate cinnamon bread will change how you view gluten-free baking. Before transitioning to allergen-friendly recipes, I was all about all-purpose flour, lol. It’s reliable, and I can trust that it will yield the same results repeatedly. Not the case with gluten-free (wheat-free) flours.
Over the weekend, I tried my hand at baking gluten-free bread. I don’t have a bread maker, so finding a recipe I could bake in a loaf pan was my goal. I came across a simple recipe for a snickerdoodle loaf. Due to the original recipe’s ingredients of wheat, eggs, and sour cream, I modified it a bit by incorporating allergen-friendly ingredients. The use of oat flour, flax eggs, and plant-based sour cream allows this recipe to be enjoyed by all!
I’ve created some awful gluten-free desserts, but this gluten-free bread is possibly the best.
What I love about this recipe is its top layer of toasted cinnamon and sugar. I baked this bread for 60 minutes, and although the original recipe only called for 38 minutes, the bread was not done. Increasing the bake time not only rendered a crispy top, it also allowed the dark chocolate morsels to melt completely. My recommendation would be to ensure that you check your bread at the 30-minute mark and adjust the time accordingly. It’s possible that the use of the flax egg affected the outcome, but I honestly have no idea.
If you’re looking for a treat to make for someone who can’t eat gluten, wheat, or dairy, this is the perfect recipe! I’m willing to bet if you don’t tell anyone this is gluten-free bread, they won’t know. This makes this Gluten-Free, Vegan Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Bread the perfect dessert for any crowd!
Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Bread | Tastybits
- 2-½ cups of oat flour
- 2 tsps of baking powder
- ½ tsp of salt
- 2 tsps of cinnamon
- 1 cup of softened plant-based butter
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3 flax eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- ¾ cup of plant-based sour cream
- 1 package of vegan dark chocolate chips
Cinnamon & Sugar Topping
- 3 tbsps of sugar
- 3 tsp of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare flax egg by mixing 3 tbsps of flax egg to 3/4 cups of water and allowing to sit for 5 minutes or until the consistency of an egg is reached
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon until creamy and fluffy. Mix in
the eggs until well combined then stir in the vanilla and sour cream
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder then add to the cream mixture and mix until well combined. Stir in the vegan dark chocolate chips.
- In a bowl, mix together 3 tbsps of sugar and 3 tsps of cinnamon
- Spoon 1/2 of the batter into loaf pan followed by 1/2 of the cinnamon and sugar mix.
- Pour remaining batter into pan and add top with remaining cinnamon and sugar mix.
- Bake In a preheated oven to 350° bake for 40 minutes
- Remove from over, test and add more cook time if needed.
- Allow bread to cool for 20 minutes prior to serving.
- The original recipe calls for 38 minutes of cook time, but I found that more bake time was needed. I suggest testing this recipe and adding the necessary bake time required to reach full doneness. I baked for a total of 60 minutes.