Who knew that making Korean BBQ at home could be so easy? I recently found a recipe for Korean BBQ sauce and decided to throw together this simple, budget-friendly recipe. If you love Korean BBQ, check out my recipe for these tasty Korean BBQ Beef Bowls. The sauce consists of ingredients you probably already have and can be made in advance. Meats like ground chicken or pork can easily be substituted for beef. This easy weeknight meal can be made in 15 minutes or less.
[ctct form=”13826″ show_title=”false”]
If you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal, this Korean BBQ Beef Bowl recipe is perfect. The last thing I want to do after a long day at the office is slave over a hot stove. I’d much rather spend that precious time playing with my 2-year-old daughter and husband. Who, by the way, also loves this recipe? The simplicity of this recipe is why I love it. It takes less than 15 minutes to make, and you can cut the prep time in half by making the Korean BBQ in advance.
What beef do you use for Korean BBQ?
Traditional Korean BBQ (Bulgogi) is made with cuts of top sirloin. This budget-friendly recipe is made with grass-fed beef from Butcher Box. I recently reviewed the monthly subscription meat service and whipped up this recipe using their grass-fed ground beef. The meat from Butcher Box is of the highest quality. It, without a doubt, added to the overall flavor of this dish. I have a SPECIAL OFFER for my subscribers. CLICK HERE to learn more about how you can score FREE MEAT!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE KOREAN BBQ BEEF BOWLS
The majority of the ingredients needed are for the Korean BBQ Sauce. Most of which may already be in your pantry.
- 1 lb grass-fed beef
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Salt & Pepper’
Korean BBQ Sauce
- Minced Garlic
- Rice Wine Vinegar
- Sesame Oil
- Gluten and Soy free Coconut Aminos
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Chili-Garlic Sauce
- Ground Ginger
- Carrot sticks (garnish)
- Sliced scallions (garnish)
HOW TO MAKE KOREAN BBQ BEEF BOWLS
Browning your grass-fed beef. In a large skillet (with lid), cook your meat will salt and pepper until no longer pink. Drain and return meat to skillet.
Making the Korean BBQ Sauce. In a small saucepan, cook minced garlic for 2 minutes. Add cornstarch and stir for 1 minute. Add water, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, coconut aminos, Worcestershire sauce, chili-garlic sauce, and ground ginger. Stir and bring to a bowl. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened.
Assembling BBQ Beef Bowl. Pour Korean BBQ sauce over beef and simmer until heated through. Top rice with Korean beef and garnish with carrots and scallions.
I hope you will enjoy this Korean BBQ Beef Bowl recipe and add it to your family’s weeknight meal rotation.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @blackallergymama or #blackallergymama .
Korean BBQ Beef Bowl
- 1 Pound Grass-Fed Beef
- 2 Cups Cooked Long Grain Rice Brown, White, Jasmine
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
Korean BBQ Sauce
- 3 Tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 2 Tsp Rice Wine Vinegar Mirin
- 2 Tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Chili- Garlic Sauce
- 3 Tbs Worcestershire
- 3 Tbs Gluten and Soy-free coconut aminos
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Sliced or julienned Carrot garnish
- 1 tbs sesame seeds garnish
- 2 chopped scallions garnish
- In a large skillet cook the ground beef with salt and pepper over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain meat and return to skillet.
Making Korean BBQ Sauce
- In a small saucepan cooked minced garlic for 2 minutes. Add cornstarch and stir for 1 minute. Add water, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, coconut aminos, Worcestershire sauce, chili-garlic sauce, and ground ginger. Stir and bring to a bowl. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened.
Assembling BBQ Beef Bowl
- Pour Korean BBQ sauce over beef and simmer until heated through. Top rice with Korean beef and garnish with carrots and scallions.
LOVE IT? PIN IT!