This quick and easy 6-ingredient Chicken Fajita Salad Recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner. It consists of six simple ingredients that I’m sure are already in your pantry. Pair this fajita salad with my chipotle-honey vinaigrette for a real treat.
My husband loves a good, hearty salad after a hard workout. There’s nothing better than when he asks me to whip up a massive bowl of chicken fajita salad. Mainly because it’s so easy and quick to make. The main ingredients for this salad recipe are items that are staples in my pantry. Except for the chicken fajitas themselves, all other components are gluten-free and vegan! We like to pour a nice helping of my chipotle-honey vinaigrette dressing on the salad.
Before the coronavirus, I was never a big salad fan. After realizing how quickly you can gain weight while being stuck indoors, I’ve quickly gotten with the program. Salads are easy and great for lunch or late, weeknight dinners. We do our best to keep healthy, fresh vegetables on hand to top our salads, but there are those occasions (like this one) where canned ingredients come in handy. As you know, keeping a fridge full of fresh veggies means weekly trips to the grocery store. With the virus rapidly spreading, that’s just something we can’t afford to do anymore. This easy chicken fajita salad includes canned corn and black beans! If you have fresh corn and raw beans on hand, feel free to use them.
WHAT TOPPINGS GO ON A CHICKEN FAJITA SALAD?
A Chicken Fajita salad is nothing more than a crisp green salad topped with grilled chicken, veggies, rice, and brought together with a simple, flavorful vinaigrette or dressing! As I mentioned, this easy recipe consists of only 6-ingredients: sliced boneless skinless chicken breast for fajitas, black beans, corn, pico de gallo, brown rice, and avocado (vegan/plant-based cheese, optional). I prefer to use the H‑E‑B Seasoned Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts for Fajitas if you happen to have leftover fajita meat available that works perfectly also.
WHAT’S THE BEST WAY TO PREPARE CHICKEN FAJITAS?
I’ve found that the simplest way to prepare chicken fajitas is to cook the seasoned breast, whole on a griddle or cast-iron skillet. Then slice it into 1-inch strips. To ensure that your chicken fajitas are nice and juicy, allow them to rest for 2-3 minutes before slicing.
When it comes to the type of leafy greens, I prefer spring mix. You can use whatever kind of greens you prefer, spinach or arugula should work well.
WHAT’S THE BEST FAJITA SALAD DRESSING?
I prefer spicy, sweet, and tangy salad dressings. My Honey-Chipotle Vinaigrette is the best fajita salad dressing. It’s made with chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, providing a sweet and smokey kick. It mimics the uber-popular vinaigrette served at Chipotle Mexican Grill. My family can’t get enough of my dressing.
EASY CHICKEN FAJITA SALAD RECIPE
This is by far, one of the most simple recipes on this blog.
- Heat your stovetop griddle or cast iron and add two tablespoons of cooking oil. Once hot, add your seasoned chicken breast and cook on medium heat for 8 minutes each side (internal temp 165 degrees). Allow resting for 10 minutes before slicing.
- While chicken is resting, prepare your toppings.
- Cook corn and beans according to the instructions on the back of the packages.
- Slice your avocados
- Make your pico de gallo by chopping fresh tomato, onion, cilantro and sprinkle with fresh lime juice
- While these items are cooling, add your leafy greens to a large bowl.
Sprinkle a little avocado crack on your salad for a little something extra!
Once all ingredients are cooked and cooled, assemble your salad and top with your favorite vinaigrette.
I genuinely thank you for visiting my blog. If you enjoyed this easy, 6-ingredient chicken fajita salad recipe, please share it with your friends and family and on social media. If you happen to try out this recipe, please tag me. I’d love to share your creations in my stories with credits to you! Facebook, Instagram.
6-Ingredient Chicken Fajita Salad Recipe
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 1 Package Seasoned boneless skinless chicken breast for fajitas
Chicken Fajita Salad Toppings
- 1/2 Cup Whole Kernel Corn
- 1/2 Cup Organic Black Beans
- 2 Ripe Avocado
- 1/2 Cup Brown Rice
- 2 Bags Leafy Green Spring Mix Salad
- 1/4 Cup Pico de Gallo
- 1/4 Cup Vegan/Plant-Based Cheese (Optional)
Pico de Gallo
- 2 Large, Roma Tomatoes Diced
- 1 Small, Yellow Onion Diced
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro Finely Chopped
- 3 T Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/8 t Salt
Seasoned boneless skinless chicken breast for fajitas
- Heat your stovetop griddle or cast iron and add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil. Once hot, add your seasoned chicken breast on cook on medium heat for 8 minutes each side (internal temp 165 degrees). Allow resting for 10 minutes before slicing.
Chicken Fajita Salad Toppings
- Cook corn, and beans according to the instructions on the back of the packages. Peel and Slice two large avocados.
Pico de Gallo
- Mix fresh tomato, onion, cilantro, salt, and fresh lime juice. Set aside.
- Once the chicken has rested and all cooked items have cooled slightly assemble the salad by putting leafy greens at the bottom of the bowl and adding all ingredients. Finish with your favorite salad dressing or vinaigrette.