The Houston Dynamo and Dash organizations recently hosted a delightful culinary experience to kick off their 15th season! In addition to the many upgrades and exciting new features at BBVA Stadium, the concession menu has expanded to include upscale food items.
Local media spent the afternoon learning about the organization’s first unified marketing campaign, stadium updates, and upscale culinary additions in the swanky confines of the Audi Sports Club.
“HOLD IT DOWN” | First Unified Marketing Campaign
The Houston Dynamo and Dash are pledging to “Hold it Down” for H-Town, as the club 2020 tagline and hashtag. “Hold It Down” originated on the streets of Houston, reflecting the defiant pride and collective spirit that makes H-Town great. It’s the first unified campaign for both the Dynamo and the Dash. Their promotional video brought the message together and indeed reiterated the unity that this city embodies. Houston Dynamo and Dash die-hard fans have come together under one banner to call themselves “Hustle Town,” making the most significant impact possible on the energy and excitement in the stadium.
BBVA STADIUM UPDATES
There are quite a few new upgrades in store for Houston Dynamo and Dash fans. Most notably a new video board that is about 2x larger than the previous one. Giving fans better access to replays in the stadium and increased visual interactivity around the stadium. High-speed WiFi 6 was recently added throughout the BBVA Stadium making it the first stadium in Houston with this next-gen WiFi and the first soccer-specific stadium in America with that. This feature allows fans to stay connected throughout the game.
While those updates are significant, I was personally excited to see the incorporation of a Mother and Sensory Room. The mother’s room provides a private and comfortable area for moms who need to pump, nurse, or console their little ones during the game. The sensory room is for anyone needing a quiet, calm escape from the energy of the stadium. An additional plus is the sensory bags that are available for check out. These bags include earplugs, fidget spinners, and other items that assist in reducing the onset of stress. The mother and sensory rooms are right outside of sections 220 and 221.
There are also updates to the overall pre-game user experience as well. The BBVA stadium has partnered with the app Park Moblie to make the parking experience a bit simpler. Additionally, the stadium has 10% more POS stations. These additional stations encourage mobile purchases of food, parking, and tickets.
UPSCALE CULINARY OFFERINGS
The new menu created by Chef Nacho is exciting. There’s a little something for everyone on this new upscale menu. The goal of the menu is to create 17 unique culinary experiences. One per game. The list for the first game of the season against LA Galaxy has some delicious and fun items in store.
A few standout dishes and beverages:
- Diggity EADO Dog – a 2-foot long dog topped with roasted corn salsa, queso fresco, adobo chipotle chili lime aioli and garnished with Doritos chips!
- Sweet Corn Tamales – Homemade sweet corn masa tamales, roasted pulled chicken, roasted poblano salsa verde, charred tomato salsa, and Mexican crema.
- Loaded Baked Potato – BBQ house slaw smoked for 24 hours over smoldering hickory wood pork shoulder, homemade shard cheddar cheese sauce, sour cream, and fresh scallions.
- Chargrilled NY Strip Steak Baguette – Arugula, roasted tomato, smoked gouda, balsamic onions, mustard aioli sauce on buttered, toasted bread.
- Nacho Stack Dip – Avacodo mousse, tomato, sour cream, roasted corn, black beans, cucumber, red onion, and jalapeno cheese sauce.
- Chef Carved Taco – chili garlic-rubbed chargrilled skirt steak, cilantro lime marinated seated chicken served on warm corn tortillas with ghost pepper salsa and fresh pico!
The Watermelon Margarita was outstanding. The fusion of fresh watermelon juice and tequila Blanco was fresh, sweet, and perfectly smooth.
This soccer season is set to be one of the best. I look forward to joining the Dynamos’ die-hard fans as we “hold it down!”